Late spring is the most perfect time to be in historic Virginia City, Nevada. Come join Gay, Nina and me on this sketching adventure. Signups open now, details below.
Draw From History
June 10, 11, 12, 2020 • Virginia City, Nevada
Reserve your spot now to receive Early Bird Pricing.
Take a step back in history and enjoy three days of drawing and painting. Ride the steam train, visit silver mines and grave yards! Enjoy lots of practice sketching as you explore the old western mining town of Virginia City, Nevada, a National Historic Landmark.
Instruction begins with creating a simple journal. Then we will teach you to fill it with lessons in journal layout, quick sketch, nature journaling, people drawing, watercolor, gouache and many other techniques.
Cost includes three days of instruction, all materials and a comfortable indoor sketching location to learn in. (And a whole historic downtown a block away to practice those sketching skills!)
• Lodging, food, steam train excursion and museums cost extra. The hotel costs about $100/night double occupancy with continental breakfast.
• Want to bring a non-sketching buddy? This unique and historic place offers adventures for people of all ages and interests.
• Virginia City is just a 40-minute drive from Reno, but a world away from today.
Some topics covered in the Workshop:
– Creating a simple journal
– Layout design
– Quick sketch
– Nature journaling
– People drawing
– Watercolor, gouache and other techniques
Cost: Early Bird Price: $450 | After April 15th $550
How to sign up:
Use this link to sign up now: www.watercolorjournaling.com/virginia_city_form.html