So you’re doing your bit, writing to your senator, sending out those postcards. Thank you! Here’s something for you.
I turned one of my sketches from the Women’s March into a postcard. Remember this sketch?
It’s now a postcard for you to use. And you can customize it with your message. The one on the left is the postcard I’m printing.. You can keep it simple: Grab a sharpie and add your own message on it before you mail it out. Or get as creative as you want in customizing it!
So how do you get some?
• I’m sending out sets of 20 to anyone (In the United States only, to keep my postage costs under control) who wants them.
• Email me at suhita[at]gmail[dot]com and let me know you want a set. But read on, I’m asking for something…
What I’m asking of you
• That you donate atleast $10 to ACLU if you can: (I’m printing 500 postcards as a first run, we could raise $250!). Can’t donate right now but are still writing postcards? That’s okay, let me know, I’ll send you some.
• Just tell me you donated, and send me a name and address, I’ll mail you the postcards as soon as I have them from the printer.
• And when you use them to write, could you take a photograph of the postcard and share it? Tag me, @suhitasketch and use the hashtag #democracypostcard , or simply send me a note, I’d love to hear from you.
If you’re wondering what’s in it for me…
Nothing, this is what I can do. I’m an urban sketcher and an artist. You’re speaking up for women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, for the environment, against discrimination, for equality…this is what we can do together.
Share this post. Or simply repost from instagram or facebook.
Update: The batch of postcards that was printed (1000 postcards) is now all spoken for. I am looking into what it takes to create a second batch and will keep you posted about what I decide. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and your contributions to ACLU!)